Monday, August 4, 2014

My running watch

Nike Sportband + Shoes pod

When I started running, i bought my 1st running watch Nike Sportband. It is a basic running watch with a sensor. Its a good watch for a beginner, you can track and upload your running activities at Nike+ website. The strap is made of rubber and the watch is rechargeable using USB connection and its also waterproof. Its functioning good on the road and flat course but not very accurate on a hilly course.
Nike GPS watch 

I bought Nike GPS watch by end 2012 as i need more advance watch for my training and race. The GPS is powered by Tom Tom. I have to wait 6 month for this watch available in Malaysia. Since its a GPS watch so you can see your current pace and its more accurate plus it has altimeter which important when you're running from low to high altitude or vice versa. I like everything about this watch but the downside of it is the battery life. Maximum battery life with GPS is 8hrs when fully charged which is not suitable for long race. Its very demotivated when you cannot tell the distances during a race and you cannot plan you run. This happened to me during last TMBT, i lost track of my distance which drag me into 16hrs to finish the 55KM.
SUUNTO Ambit 2

My latest running watch, i've been eyeing for this watch for quite sometime. After watching a lot of review for this watch i decided to buy it. I choose the black edition cause it looks more rugged and stylish. It is a multi-sport watch from running,hiking,swimming,cardio,cycling and also can be use for navigation. A complete watch i would say. The GPS link connection is very fast and the battery life maximum 50hrs with GPS (60s Interval). I would recommend this watch if you're running long distance race.

No comments:

Post a Comment