Saturday, June 21, 2014

Educity Sundown Marathon Johor - 21KM


Since i'm unable to make it for the Sundown Singapore, i go for the Sundown Malaysia. This is my 2nd attempt to get Sub-2hr HM and to break my PB. I arrived on friday in Johor, grab a cab to meet my sister in JB.

After lunch i dropped her at the office and begin my challenge to find this Medini Mall to collect my pack. Its my 1st time driving in Johor and thanks to the GPS i manage to find the place without any problem. 

Race Pack Collection at Medini Mall

Legoland Malaysia

June, 21 2014 - Race Day


Race day!... i was determined to break the PB i set in Kuching. Flag off time is 8.00pm, i can the heat already. I plan to stick with the pacer all the way this time to avoid over use of my energy like what i did in Kuching. So off we go, the night is very humid and we are running on the asphalt road. You can really feel the heat and at 5KM i've already sweating like i'm running 10KM. I stop at every water station to hydrate and cool down my body. The heat really give much effect on my running since i'm running in long tights. Half way point, the pacer was way ahead of me but i still can see them by the time i reach 15KM i don't see the pacer anymore and i'm far from breaking the Sub-2hrs. So my focus is just to finish the race.

Even though i didn't manage to break my PB it still finish in good time 2hr 13min. I hope to break the PB on the next race PNM and SCKLM and i will.




No comments:

Post a Comment