Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Spring Live Active Run 2014 - 21KM

Its my 1st official half marathon race. This is one of the HM race i've register in my hunt for a sub 2hrs PB. I arrived in Kuching 1 day early from the event for race pack collection at The Spring. Im staying at the Citadines Hotel&Apartment since it close to the Spring, a comfy, spacious and clean hotel at a reasonable price.
Race Pack Collection tHe Spring


A colorful event running vest


June,15 2014 - Race Day


The plan here is to run with the 2hrs pacer. I was expecting a flat race course and the course is of course not that flat, a few up hill and down hill. So i'm running with the 2hrs pacer for the 1st 10KM but there since there is to many people running behind the pacer i decide to run in front. I was so focus running until i didn't realize that i was running faster than the pacer and they were a bit far behind so i run on my own pace. Just 4KM before the finish line there is 2 hill which slowing me down, i didn't realize how slow i am until the 2 hrs pacer outrun me. I was struggling to keep up with the pacer since my energy level at very low point. The last 2KM i can see i still can make the Sub-2hrs so i ran as fast as i can , in the end i was 47sec too late. Overall i'm satisfied with my time and its a PB to break. 

I bump into Coach Cornelius & Hana Sue at the finish line

A quick tour around Kuching



No comments:

Post a Comment